“DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Life Church – Maidstone
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) – May 2018.
2. Who are we?
The Trustees of The Life Church are termed as the data controller (contact details overleaf). This means they decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Life Church complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To administer membership records;
• To manage our employees and volunteers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at The Life Church or other interests related to The Life Church;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your gift aid donations and keep you informed about church events.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a consideration of the ethos of The Life Church and its purposes, provided: –
o the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with requirements of HMRC and the Charity Commission.
Specifically, we retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and registers (baptisms, marriages, funerals) permanently. For other limits, please ask the Trustees.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which The Life Church holds about you;
• The right to request that the Trustees of The Life Church correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for The Life Church to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to any new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints, please in the first instance contact Jenny Rhodes, a Trustee of The Life Church on firstname.lastname@example.org, or 07702954339, or write to The Trustees at the address below.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Issued by: The Trustees of The Life Church
13-15 Brewer Street Maidstone Kent ME14 1RU
Office & Café Zest Tel: 01622 757095